Prime Minister Trudeau: Do You Care?
Tuesday November 28, 2017
Dear Right Honourable Prime Minister Justin Trudeau; Honourable Attorney General of Canada and the Liberal Party of Canada,
Do you CARE if Paul James - a former Canadian World Cup soccer player and coach who collectively has represented Canada over 100 times - dies of starvation in protest of the social injustices delivered to him as a consequence of confronting the discrimination, prejudice, and abuse he has received because of his known mental disability in the form of depression, anxiety, and a substance use disorder? Does the Liberal Government CARE if I, Paul James, pass away from confronting the social justice issues centred around the discrimination and prejudice of persons with mental disabilities; accessing fair social justice for average Canadian citizens; and the unethical, immoral, deceitful behaviour of an academic institution, York University, remitted to develop and educate younger generations of Canadian students? If the Liberal Government and the Right Honourable Prime Minister Justin Trudeau DO NOT care whether I die then I appreciate the honesty but I cannot respect your point of view because:
1. All Canadian lives matter.
2. All human lives matter.
3. All Canadians should be protected under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms to be free from discrimination and prejudice irrespective of mental disability.
4. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has stated publicly that, “Canada cannot pick and choose when to apply the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms”.
5. Well Canada in the Paul James discrimination matter before the Canadian courts has chosen not to apply the CCORAF fairly and equally in this matter which would have cemented that the human rights of those persons suffering the disability of substance addiction are enforceable.
6. Instead the Paul James matter establishes if you have a diagnosed substance use disorder you have no enforceable human rights.
7. All Canadian’s should have fair access to fair social justice irrespective of minority or socio-economic status.
8. All Canadian’s should be treated with dignity and respect from the institutions remitted to deliver them. To date I have not been afforded this dignity and respect by York University, the Canadian judicial system, the Liberal Party and most sadly the Prime Minister of Canada.
9. All Canadians expect a Canadian Judicial system which is free from collusion, conflict of interests, deceit, partiality, obstruction of justice, abuse of power, intimidation, unethical delays, and false reporting. My claim before the Canadian courts and in the media has been exposed to these corrupt, unethical, cheating “tactics” throughout.
If the Liberal Government and the Right Honourable Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s answer is “YES, we do care if Paul James dies of starvation”, then:
1. Why did it take the Prime Minister/Attorney General 77 days to reply to my June 26 letter/appeal and this only after I sent a second letter on September 5, 2017 requesting my Canadian citizenship be renounced along with an annulment of my Canadian soccer hall of fame status.
2. The June 26 letter was sent to you during a period when I had embarked on a severe life threatening hunger strike protest that was public knowledge. Aside from this letter you would have had the opportunity to read my 78 page, SIGNED UNDER OATH Affidavit sent to the Supreme Court of Canada outlining comprehensively: the injustice I have faced; the immoral, unethical and corrupt behaviour of York University in dealing with this matter and a colluded, deceitful judicial process and system in the adjudication of my human rights claim where the abuse of power, intimidation, unethical deliberate delays - including at the Supreme Court of Canada - obstruction of justice submissions, misapplication of law, false reporting, and conflict of interests including between the Honourable Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin and the Law Firm McCarthy Tetrault (respondent council), all of which were overt, plain and obvious, prejudicial and discriminatory.
3. Rather than reply to my June 26, 2017 correspondence, why instead, during the same period did the Right Honourable Prime Minister Justin Trudeau make the following comments related to mental health and substance addiction in preparing for any controversy in the event of my passing, “There is no Canadian who doesn’t have a friend or family member affected by mental health,” Trudeau said. “We know the challenge it poses to our communities, our families, to our economy. It is long past time Canada stepped up, in terms of mental health, in terms of fighting addiction, in terms of working to heal the ills that aren’t always visible to the naked eye.” “I wouldn’t be my mother’s son if I wasn’t a strong advocate for mental-health and de-stigmatization of mental health”.
4. Why during the same period did Liberal MP Deborah Schulte state to a Paul James supporter Peyvand Mossavat, that "I deserved my circumstances" and "what did I expect" which aside from being callous, insulting, undignified, unfair and disrespectful they also harm millions of other Canadians suffering behind closed doors in fear and terror of seeking help and support because of the potential of receiving such appalling, stigmatizing comments as delivered by Ms. Schulte.
5. Meanwhile Liberal MP James Maloney speaking to Paul James supporter Sonia Henri during this same period tried to infringe on my personal privacy by requesting “is he clean” a highly disturbing prejudicial remark on the most stigmatized of all mental disabilities protected under Section 15 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. What gives the right of any citizen to ask the question? It was an undignified and disrespectful scapegoating inquiry to deflect from the reasons of my protests and Sonia Henri’’s pleads for the MP to get to the truth on a matter of such national importance and when a Canadian citizens life was at stake.
6. How does the Right Honourable Prime Minister Justin Trudeau justify MP’s within the Liberal Party making such stigmatizing damaging statements, made worse by his declaration during the same period that, “I wouldn’t be my mother’s son if I wasn’t a strong advocate for mental-health and de-stigmatization of mental health”.
7. At the same time, why did the same Liberal MP James Maloney defend the Justice Edwards adjudication of the file at the Divisional court of Ontario, when, as outlined in my Affidavit sent to the Supreme Court of Canada, it was plain and obvious that Justice Edwards was unreasonable, unfair, disrespectful and acted in bad faith based on the evidence and testimony submitted to the Honourable Divisional Court of Ontario, both orally and in written form.
8. Most extreme was Justice Edwards statement which inappropriately ruled on the merits of the case, an issue which was not before the court, which infringed on my human right as a Canadian with a mental disability to be treated equally and fairly. It was a disgraceful premeditated bad faith decision to make the statement which was extremely damaging to my health and well being and prejudiced my claim moving forward while corruptly relieving responsibility for York University. The Edwards statement was unequivocally wrong in every nuance it communicated based on the evidence before the court which equates to Justice Edwards delivering premeditated deceit to the total benefit of the respondent, York University.
9. This damaging discriminatory statement prejudiced my claim at the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Supreme Court of Canada and was used by the National Post to write and publish a defamatory derogatory humiliating article on the claim, delivering even further damage to my life and prospects of being employed - the number one determining factor of a persons opportunity to live a heathy life. It was a sinister action to a person with a declared bona fide mental health condition which the Liberal government purportedly care about.
10. When the prejudicial statement was then used in the Supreme Court of Canada’s Case Summary file disseminated to the world online, I confronted its highly prejudicial discriminatory harmful use through a number of emails to the court. The statement was eventually removed. It was removed not because I confronted or objected to it. It was removed because it was BLATANTLY WRONG proving the catastrophic damage it has caused to my file and life after Justice Edwards premeditated, inappropriately delivered it.
11. Once my September 5, 2017 letter was received by the Prime Minister’s Office addressing the Prime Ministers non-reply to my June 26 letter, only then did I receive a response from you, conspicuously, only six days later on September 11, 2017.
12. While the Honourable Attorney General regretted the delay in responding she did not comment on the September 5 correspondence requests to have my Canadian citizenship renounced and my Canadian soccer hall of fame status annulled nor could you offer any assistance beyond recommending as a self-represented Applicant I return to some element of the Judicial system, a system I have legitimate grounds to have absolutely no faith in its functioning to be honourable, to be fair, to be respectful, and to be just, in order to deliver access to fair social justice to a self represented applicant.
13. My reply to the Attorney General’s office I delivered on Youtube which can also been seen in written form at confrontingthestigmaofdriugaddiction.com.
14. Only recently did I receive a reply from your office (Keith Smith) to the September 5, 2017 correspondence this time 80 days after it was received and conspicuously on the very same day York University sent a deceitful, immoral letter once again dishonestly denying responsibility on their plain and obvious guilt and at a time when I am living in the most gruesome of conditions.
15. While Keith Smith from your office was cordial, meekly suggesting you care, it was in addressing my request for the renouncement of my Canadian citizenship and annulment of my soccer hall of fame status that illuminates the true reality and consistency of the Liberal governments indifferent approach in my regard.
16. Unfortunately your office has treated these extremely difficult requests for me personally to make, like I was ordering a pizza or a latte, displaying the true reality that you simply do not care.
17. A more respectful and dignified approach would be to ask a former Canadian World Cup soccer player and coach and three time inductee into the Canadian soccer hall of fame why would you be making such requests? After all, would your office, the Prime Minister, and the Liberal government not want to know?
18. It is my position that you are concerned with receiving the answers.
19. And you should be because the Right Honourable Prime Ministers’ decision to “let me die of starvation” rather than investigate honourably the Paul James matter, is highly immoral and disturbing in its illumination of how poorly we treat persons of mental disability in the form of substance use disorders. It is the most significant of all the reasons why I have requested the renouncement of my Canadian citizenship. This should be of concern to the Prime Ministers Office and to the Liberal Party of Canada as it should ALL Canadian citizens.
20. At a time of my passing from starvation for confronting the social injustices I and millions of others have received over many years, and when the truth is delivered on a global basis, what do you think Prince William - a significant advocate of improving the way we treat poor mental health citizens - will conclude of the Canadian Liberal government and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s role in this matter.
21. To any reasonable fair minded Canadian citizen privy to the aforementioned information it is plain and obvious the Canadian Liberal government have been influenced by the power and wealth of York University and McCarthy Tetrault. Please rebut this statement with confirmation the stakeholders have not communicated with you directly or indirectly.
22. You cannot do this, which highlights the sadness of what one Canadian has had to experience on the back of such immoral and inappropriate behaviour of our supposed treasured institutions.
23. The failure of Liberal MP’s to ask the right questions establishes they did not care about getting to the truth of the matter, instead making prejudicial statements in defence of York University at every turn, adding nothing else, which while it was blatantly callous, undignified and disrespectful it was also revealing on the incontestable collusion in this matter.
24. Furthermore, a conflict of interest through York University’s Past President Dr Lorna Marsden (whom I met in 2011 and discussed what had transpired at York University) being a long serving member of the Liberal party including her role as assistant to the Honourable Pierre Trudeau in the 1980’s and current Chair of the York University BOG being a working member of the Liberal party points to other clear conflict of interest moments and gives a more than reasonable motive as to why Prime Minister Justin Trudeau did not reply to the urgency of the June 26 letter which was sent to him.
25. It’s consequence is best summed up by EMMY/BAFTA Award winner Mike Young’s recent plea to the new President of York University Rhonda Lenton which has been ignored, “This story cannot get any more compelling than when the audience is presented with the words of former international and English professional soccer star Paul Peschisolido who described Paul as a “Canadian soccer legend” only for the Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and York University to reveal their incontestable intent that they were/are prepared to let a "Canadian soccer legend" die of starvation rather than accept and own the truth of the errors and injustice which has been delivered to him”.
26. In 2015 as Right Honourable Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made the following public statement to Canadian voters, “All Canadians should have faith and trust in the Canadian Judicial system".
27. With that in mind and after reading the sworn under oath Paul James Affidavit submitted to the Supreme Court of Canada and all other relevant documents why has the Prime Minister and Liberal government not intervened to save the life of Canadian citizen who has received such injustice and abuse; who represented the nation at the highest levels; who has suffered health issues close to the Prime Ministers heart and that of his wife and mother, the fair resolution of which, would assist millions of Canadians vulnerable to the stigmatized consequences of their health conditions?
28. Had the Prime Minster and Liberal Government acted in a good faith honourable way to the Paul James matter and shown some urgency and care for getting to the truth on such plain and obvious abuse of power against a disadvantaged Canadian citizen, then the impression imprinted on you would be different.
29. As it stands, it is clear to any reasonably minded Canadian citizen there has been collusion between the power brokers in this mater throughout, including now, the Liberal government which is killing in the words of Paul Peshchisolido a “Canadian Soccer Legend”.
30. If not corrected or resolved, this premeditated social injustice will take my life which will leave a global legacy of, “how can Canada have permitted this to happen"
31. I therefore respectfully request the Right Honourable Prime Justin Trudeau to intervene immediately to find an equitable solution to this matter.
32. To say I am in physical pain is an understatement of significant proportions.